5 Ways To Get The Most Out Of Your Next Hotel Stay
Many travelers view their hotel stay as just a place to sleep and take a shower. But it can be a huge source of fun and relaxation if you adopt a few good hotel habits. Here are some things to try.
1. Make a List of Amenities. Peruse the hotel's website before arrival and look for particular amenities that appeal to you. This will not only boost your anticipation of your trip, but it gives you a conversation starter with hotel staff. Ask about these specific perks and any insider information they can give you to help you enjoy them.
2. Arrive Early and Stay Late. Early arrivals have several inherent perks. First, you may get a better pick of rooms. This makes it easier to get a nicer view, a room near or away from traffic paths, or a larger room. You also have time to indulge in a few of those extra hotel amenities you've identified. Whether it's a dip in the pool without a lot of other guests, a cocktail at the rooftop bar, or a trip to the sauna, you'll start your trip off right. End it with a few extra hours of indulging as well.
3. Be Loyal. Loyalty programs are not just about getting a discounted room rate. They can also be a ticket to simple upgrades and other fun perks. The more you stay at a particular hotel or family of hotels, the more likely you are to get access to fun add-ons like free drinks, welcome receptions, free Wi-Fi, or concierge assistance. Look for a chain of hotels that participates in a broad loyalty program or has locations in many places you tend to frequent. And then start racking up those points!
4. Be a Good Tipper. Tipping can go a long way toward getting fun extras from the staff themselves. Hard-working hotel employees remember guests who remember them, and they're more likely to go out of their way to get you a requested upgrade, find a better room location, or make special shuttle arrangements.
5. Be Open and Friendly. Are you traveling for a special occasion? Celebrating an anniversary or a birthday? Seeing the city for the first time? Let the staff know. Ask if they have any ways to help celebrate. Ask for suggestions on things to do, great local hangouts, or special hidden gems in the surrounding countryside. People are more likely to be kind and generous to those who are the same.
Your next hotel stay will be even better by following these few tips for maximizing your fun and minimizing additional costs. Get started today and see what staying in hotel suites feels like.